Laurel Oaks Behavioral Health Center is currently recruiting for a DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL AND SOCIAL SERVICES. Laurel Oaks Behavioral Health Center provides Acute Psychiatric Hospitalization and Residential Treatment services for children and adolescents ages four to eighteen. The campus is located in Dothan, AL on a ten-acre campus approximately 20 miles from both Florida and Georgia. Dothan, AL offers a mild climate, affordable housing, low property taxes and a wide variety of products and services that includes health care, education, shopping and cultural entertainment. Located a few short miles from the state lines of Florida and Georgia, the area embraces the best that life has to offer, providing its residents not only modern conveniences and amenities, but also provides the charm and friendliness of the South. Dothan is a short 2-hour drive to the white sand beaches of Panama City, FL.
The Director of Clinical and Social Services will supervise patient care duties and all services, counseling, activities, volunteer, treatment planning, etc., of a clinical/therapeutic nature. Their duties will include:
- Providing clinical supervision for Therapists and Social Workers.
- Overseeing and evaluating the appropriateness of social services provided at the facility.
- Conducting regularly scheduled meetings with Therapists, Social Workers and Unit Directors to keep staff informed; identifying employee concerns, resolving conflicts and providing the opportunity for staff input.
- Providing consultation to Therapists/Social Workers on problematic/difficult cases.
- Ensuring quality and quantity of patient services is appropriate (i.e., that individual, group, and family therapy is provided as needed and required.)
- Serves as a role model for quality patient care and supports and environment conductive to professional growth.
- Participating in developing, interpreting, and implementing hospital and departmental philosophy, objectives, standards, policies & procedures.
- Assessing Quality Improvement Program for Clinical Programs in conducted.
- Master’s Degree in mental health field with minimum of five years experience and two (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Previous experience in dealing with the emotionally disturbed and/or clinically dependent in an inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Knowledge of normal growth and development for the population served.
- Knowledge of addictions and recovery process.
- Knowledge of group leadership abilities.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative to follow programmatic demands and responsibilities of position.
- LCSW is required