Supervises all ER Admissions Rep/Registrars. The Lead Admissions Rep/Registrar will also register patients by requesting demographic information along with their insurance information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for scheduling all ER Patient Access staff.
2. Responsible for training all new Patient Access Staff (for all Admitting areas, not only the ER). This includes
assisting with on-going education/training on new systems/processes/updates.
3. Assist the Supervisor and Director with 90-day evaluations as well as coaching/corrective actions of ER
Admitting Staff as necessary.
4. Will rotate Admitting call with Supervisor.
5. Will routinely perform Admissions Rep/Registrar duties to include: registering patients, collecting
demographic information along with insurance information, and ensuring that existing information in the
SMS PIDX is updated.
6. Duties include responsibility for upgrading pre-registered patient's cases in a timely manner and accepting
payments for hospital services.
7. May, on occasion, assist a patient by wheeling them into the area in a wheelchair or
assisting them as they walk to the area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years hospital admission experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Must be able to take call and come in as needed.