Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the Nation's largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion
Texas NeuroRehab Center (TNC) provides complex medical and brain injury rehab, chemical dependency treatment for adults and neuropsychiatric treatment for youth. The capabilities of the facility as a whole allow for integrated and specialized care for children, adolescents and adults facing difficult challenges.
Texas NeuroRehab Center currently has a Clinical Liaison - Dallas position available. The candidate for this position will be based in Dallas, TX. The territory will include Dallas and surrounding areas. You will be marketing for medical programs at Texas NeuroRehab Center located in Austin, TX. The candidate will also be expected to monitor completeness of patient records to satisfy the standards established by the funding sources, and accreditation bodies. Retrieve, assemble, and conduct preliminary discharge analysis of patient medical record. Assembles discharge records and assists in daily medical records maintenance to meet Health Information Management needs to the facility.
- Comply with all Administrative, Clinical, and Human Resources policies and procedures and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Must actively support the mission, philosophy, and goals for the hospital.
- Must be able to communicate with sensitivity to growth, development, and cultural issues.
- Serves as regional clinical liaison.
- Provide informative clinical/and educational in service at respective referral sources.
- Remain knowledgeable of all Texas NeuroRehab Center's programs.
- Perform patient assessments as requested.
- Provide supervisor with accurate and timely reports.
- Contributes to maintaining a safe working environment.
- Maintains professional demeanor in dress, attitude, support of unit milieu, and hospital mission and philosophy.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following are the job requirements for the Clinical Liaison position:
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
Able to perform clinical evaluations as requested by the Admissions Department.
Current Driver's License or State Issued ID.
Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience as a clinical liaison for an LTAC (Long Term Acute Care) or Acute Rehab Hospital.
Experience in rehabilitation, brain injury or stroke preferred.
Clinical background preferred, can include but not limited to: RN, LVN, SW, PT, OT or Speech Therapist.
Ability to use telephone keypad.
Able to hear, verbally communicate/speak clearly, and vision sufficient to perform essential job functions.
Repetitive use of hands and vision to allow for writing, grasping, and manipulating papers.
Emotional stability sufficient to perform essential job functions and deal with changing priorities.
Regular and predictable attendance.
Occasional light lifting (11 - 25 pounds)
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.