South Texas Health System
Performs patient registration functions by interviewing patient or responsible party to obtain identification and demographic information. Verifies insurance/other payer benefits and performs up front collections. Determines eligibility and arranges for admission of patients to hospital following policies and procedures. Obtain signatures of individual responsible for payment and explains hospital financial obligation. Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
1. One to two years of medical/healthcare business office experience preferred.
2. Excellent customer service skills are required.
3. Computer skills required.
4. Good verbal communication skills in English/Spanish required
5. Good Credit History required
6. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer. EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
· High School Diploma or GED